Sharing Part of a YouTube Video

Today I had the need to share just part of my 6 minute video about adding paid apps to Apple Configurator.  The user needed to know only one of the steps that appeared later in the video... why should they watch the first 4 minutes if they don't need it?

I've remembered over the last several years about reading about sites or hacks that allows you to do this, so I (of course) Googled it.  I have to say using the built in feature is pretty slick, easy and painless!  I don't know when that was added, but kudos that it was.

If you are like me and didn't know about this feature, here is how to use it:

1. Go to your video and move to the start location you want

2. Underneath the video, select Share

3. Uncheck the box for "Share with playlist..." if it is selected; check the box next to "Start at"

4. Copy and paste the amended URL to share with others


Thanks to this Google help file for sending me down this path: http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=116618 





Popular posts from this blog

Google Script - Create a Drop-Down List from Spreadsheet Column

Google Calendar - How to Share Your Calendar Via Link

Google Mail - Create Calendar Event that Includes Email Message

Google Documents - Creating Page Anchors (aka Bookmarks)

Google Contacts - Newest Area to Get Some "Google Love"