is a free online photo editor! Very easy to use, you don't have to
create an account to start using it. Pictures can be uploaded from your
computer/device OR pulled in from FaceBook. Former users of Picnik may
feel a familiar flavor...
(Updated on 3/21/2017 - triggers have been moved!)
I guess it was only a matter of time before I ended up dabbling with Google Scripts. Today I was asked by a teacher how he could populate a drop-down list on his Google Form from data on a spreadsheet - and have it update as he changed the data. Not finding an add-on for this (why recreate the wheel? :-) I explored creating a script. And...discovered that this task is not too hard!
To do this yourself -
1. Create your form.
Really important step. Make sure to create your drop-down item and give it a title, but you do not need to add any options to it (because later you will populate it from the spreadsheet).
2. Create the spreadsheet where your list will reside.
You have two options for this.
A: You can create the spreadsheet for your form responses and add a second sheet to it. That is what I did here - adding a sheet called Student Names:
B: You can create a new spreadsheet to use. If you do this you will need to add the sp…
You may notice a new look and feel to your Google login! As this update "goes live" this is what you should expect -
The first time, you will get a message box telling you that you should expect the new look:
While you may not have feelings one way or another about how it looks, if you are on a device that has many people logging in with their Google, you should appreciate the fact that you can now REMOVE accounts from the list.
Look at the bottom for a "Remove an account" option:
Clicking on that will put an x next to each account:
Clicking on the x will pop-up a confirmation window that you want to remove that account from the list:
Note- this does NOT delete the account, it just removes it from the list for quickly logging in the sign-in window. It can always be added back to the list when you sign in with it again in the future.
2. Login with the account you used previously to register for the conference. You must use the same account!
3. Note a new window at the top will tell you that you are already registered for the conference, but you may add workshops (pre-conference sessions) by going through the process again. (You would use these same steps to make any modifications to your registration.)
4. Click Next on the first screen with your contact information
5. Click Next on the next screen about Membership
6. On the next screen, pre-conference workshops are now an option
7. When you click on the blue bar, it will display the pre-conference sessions. Each one has the following: Registration box for that workshopName of the workshop sessionSponsoring SIGCost (1/2 day sessions are $70, full day sessions a…
This is a really cool video on how to make your Google Form interactive - or, if you will, "Choose Your Own Adventure!" I can think of so many applications for this...both as a teacher, and as a learning activity for students.
Finally! We have access to the new template gallery in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
From any Google account you are able to access it - but it may not be as intuitive to get to as the "old" template gallery was. You need to go to the landing page for that TYPE of document, which I find many people still don't know about. So, go to: docs.google.com for your Documentssheets.google.com for your Sheetsslides.google.com for your Slidesforms.google.com for your Forms
The first time you go to these, you will get a message about the Template Gallery:
After that, you will both see a top bar with existing templates AND a link in the upper right that says Template Gallery.
Now if you belong to a Google Apps for Education organization, and templates are enabled, you have a couple additional options not available with a general Google account.
1. You will have a choice of General templates or your organization's templates
2. You will also see a choice of Submit Template to s…