REMC 2017 MI Moot - Call for Presenters!
MI Moot 2017 - Transforming ClassroomsWe've transformed the MI Moodle Moot conference to better meet the needs of all educators who are committed to implementing effective change within their classrooms. Our vision is to have a variety of sessions focusing on best practices in blended learning using FREE resources such as Moodle, Google for Education, or other tools.
Save the DateWe’re pleased to announce that MI Moot 2017 will be held on August 1st and 2nd, 2017 at Lansing Community College West in Lansing, Michigan. The purpose of this event is to bring educators together from K-12 and higher ed, to model how to transform instruction and support teaching and learning. This event is supported by the REMC Association of Michigan and the REMC Instructional Technology Specialists (RITS).
Call for PresentersIf you are interested in presenting, please use this form to apply. We encourage you to pass this on to anyone who you think would be interested presenting a great session at the Moot. The deadline to apply is January 27, 2017.
Presentation DetailsPresentations may be standard presentation format, hands-on, or a combination of presentation and hands-on formats. Presenters will receive complimentary registration. Secondary presenters will be listed in the program but will not receive complimentary registration nor other items provided to primary presenters. Presenters will be eligible for door prizes unless they are part of the MI Moot 2017 planning committee. You will be notified if your proposal was accepted by Friday March 10, 2017.
You will be asked to identify the best strand to categorize your presentation (based on the ISTE Standards for Teachers):
- Transform through Inspiring Student Learning and Creativity
- Transform through Designing Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- Transform through Collaboration and Communication
MI Moodle Moot 2016 Planning Committee
- Kay Hauck - Clare-Gladwin RESD/REMC 5 - Co-Chair
- Anne Thorp - Ottawa Area ISD/REMC 7 - Co-Chair
- Melinda Waffle - Calhoun ISD/REMC 12 East - Co-Chair
- Anupam Chugh - Wayne RESA/REMC 20
- Kristin Day - St Clair County RESA/REMC 18 North
- Larry Elliott - Alma College
- Tom Gillespie - Northern Michigan University
- Chris Kenniburg - Dearborn Schools
- Andy Mann - Muskegon Area ISD/REMC 4
- Sue Schwartz - REMC Association
- Sam Villamizar - Andrews University
- Michelle Wagner - Wayne RESA/REMC 20
The MI Moot planning committee appreciates your help in applying to present and passing along this invitation to others who may want to apply to present.