Google Mail - Send & Archive

I am all about taking fewer clicks to do a task.  Likewise, working for a school district, I am all about archiving everything but the obvious junk mail - I can access it, but it isn't clogging up my inbox. 

Because of these facts, one of the Google Mail features I don't think I could survive without is the Send & Archive. The ability to - with ONE click - reply to an email and archive it saves me about 3 seconds per email...which adds up quickly!

 To enable Send & Archive, go to the settings (by clicking the Gear)-

Look under the General tab, about half way down to find the option to turn on this feature -

Once enabled, you will have an additional send button that is blue - this one will send your reply and archive the email out of your mailbox -

Popular posts from this blog

Google Script - Create a Drop-Down List from Spreadsheet Column

Google Calendar - How to Share Your Calendar Via Link

Google Mail - Create Calendar Event that Includes Email Message

Google Documents - Creating Page Anchors (aka Bookmarks)

Google Contacts - Newest Area to Get Some "Google Love"