Google Sheets - Setup Trivia Game Show-type Game with Flippity
I am often asked about the availability of templates or ways to run trivia game show type activities in the classroom with custom questions. This last week I was exposed to a new one that is definitely worth sharing as it meets all four criteria I consider important:
- Is it affordable? Yup! It's free to use
- Is it easy to set up? Yes, it took me about 15 minutes...you could probably do it faster if you already knew your questions.
- Is it easy to use? Yes, very easy.
- Is it flexible? Yes, it has several features that make it flexible to your particular needs/wants.
1. To begin, you need to go to Flippity.net to access the file to copy. Find the line "Make a copy of this template. (You'll need to sign-in with your Google account.)" and click on the link. Make sure you are logged into the Google Account you want to use it in if you have multiple Google accounts.
This is what you will end up with:
2. Click on the darkest gray area to change category names. Click in the lighter gray areas to change questions & answers -
3. Once you have all your questions in, go to the File Menu and select Publish to the web...:
4. Make sure that the box "Automatically republish when changes are made" is checked, then click the Publish button.
5. This will give you a link - copy this link as you need to use it in your spreadsheet.
6. Click on the second sheet at the bottom titled "Get the Link Here" and paste the copied URL in the green cell.
7. A new link will appear in cell A6 - that is the link to your Quiz Show!